If you want vacations that your family will never forget them book with Island Houseboats but hurry, reservations fill up quickly and are first come, first served. Island Houseboats is located in the Cowichan valley on Vancouver Island, BC. The lake Cowichan is one of BC's best kept secrets. This pristine lake is adjacent to the famed Carmanah Valley and the Walbran old growth forests and has water so fresh you could drink it. Explore over 150kms of shoreline and truly get away from it all with an Island Houseboats Vacation. At ISLAND HOUSEBOATS you have everything you need for a truly unforgettable vacation so what are you waiting for?
Each Island houseboats feature the following amenities:
- Maximum Occupancy 12 persons per boat.
- 1 Double bed at back of boat
- 1 Double bed in upper cabin
- 1 Double bed / Sofa
- 1 Double bed / Sofa
- 1 Double bed / Dinette
- Full bathroom with (hot water) shower
- Fully equipped kitchen:
- Fridge & Freezer (Mid Sized)
- Additional Jumbo cooler upstairs outside.
- Cooktop and small oven
- Dishes: Pots, Pans, Cutlery, Glasses, Plates, Bowls Cups, Utensils,
- Full size BBQ with utensils
- Top Deck Jumbo Cooler
- Bimini Top or Unbrella table
- Cleaning Supplies: Dishcloths, Garbage Bags, Toilet Paper
- Slide from upper deck to back of the boat.
- Deck chairs
- Running / Heated Water/ Electricity:
- Safety supplies & amenities
- First aid kits x 3
- 12 lifejackets
- VHF Radio, Flashlight
- Fire Extinguishers
- Safety Railings
- Captains safety lesson with atemporary pleasure craft license
- TV & DVD Player (NOT ON ALL BOATS)
- Stereo system
- Some board games, books, magazines
- Hot tub rental addition $125 per-trip
- Kayaks & Dinghy rentals $15 per-day
- Security Camera on Parking Lot
- Marina / Boat Launch.
- Pots, pans, dishes, cups
- all kitchen utensils
- coffee makers
- Garbage bags
- Toilet paper
3 Day weekend rental
4 Day midweek rental
7 Day vacation rental
The prices are the same the entire year and there are a lot of kayaks to rent and many activities to do.
Previous experience is not required. Upon your arrival A captains lesson is provided and you will be given a houseboat orientation. This will consist of familiarization with the lake (assisted by the map provided) and hands-on instruction in driving the houseboat. Transport Canada requires 2 people holding a valid drivers license and are over the age of 23.
You do not require a boating license (Pleasure Craft Operator Card) to rent a houseboat. Be sure to ask any questions if you are not sure. If you wish to obtain your Pleasure Craft Operator Card you can do so on line. For more details:
Pleasure Craft Licence
There is a generator that can power small appliances (110 v outlet)
What to Bring:
Island Houseboats can provide almost anything you can imagine but still you need to bring food, ice, bed sheets, pillows and don’t forget to bring all your documents and credit cards.
For a complete list of suggested items to bring check out the checklist.
What to Bring
There are 5 sofas/ double beds and they are very comfortable but still you should bring your pillows and bed sheets.
Pets are permitted but must be pre-registered at time of booking. A pet fee of $75 will apply with a Maximum of 2 pets only.
Other Rental Items Available:
- Watching the wildlife
415 Point Ideal Dr
Lake Cowichan, BC